Current DJ: Alli Klein: Family of Noise
SRSQ Only One from Unreality (Dias) Buy SRSQ Unreality at Reckless Records Buy SRSQ at iTunes Buy SRSQ Unreality at Amazon Add to Collection
(photo from songwriteruniverse.com)
Today on the MP3 Shuffle, we celebrate the birthday of songwriter extraordinaire Desmond Child. According to Wikipedia, he’s the son of a Hungarian aristocrat and a Cuban singer, which is pretty cool in itself. But he’s also made a name for himself penning hit songs for a bunch of popular hard Rock bands including KISS (“I Was Made for Loving You”), Bon Jovi (“You Give Love a Bad Name”), Aerosmith (“Dude [Looks Like a Lady]”), and even Ricky Martin (“Livin' la Vida Loca”). If you were listening to a commercial Rock station in the late ‘80s, you were hearing this man’s words on a regular basis.
To mark this prolific artist’s accomplishments, let’s play the shuffle. Hold your MP3 player high, press the shuffle button, and share the first 10 songs that play:
1. The Eagles - One of These Nights (One of These Nights): Before U2, before Sting, there was The Eagles, the ultimate Band to Look Down Your Nose At
2. Animal Collective - Street Flash (Water Curses EP)
3. RP Boo – Bang’n on King Dr. (Fingers, Bank Pads, & Shoe Prints): I’m digging this music even though there is no possible way to relax to it.
4. Bleach Party - I Thought I’d Seen a Ghost (Endless Bender)
5. Santah - Did We Sing?: A really cool Chicago band. I was lucky enough to see them live at Andersonville City Made festival this year.
6. Seven Teares - Like Your Black Hair (Power Ballads): Alternative Rustic Renaissance Revival? Yes, this is happening.
7. Diana Ross - I’m Coming Out (Diana): Everything Beyoncé is doing, Diana did first and with more versatility.
8. Deerhoof - No One Asked to Dance (Deerhoof Vs. Evil)
9. The Tarts - Hurry Me Home (The Tarts)
10. Lisa Germano - Tomorrowing (Slide)
comments powered by Disqus
Next entry: @CHIRPRADIO (Week of October 31)
Previous entry: @CHIRPRADIO (Week of October 24)